Re: [MiNT] State of the Union

On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 16:06 +0100, Frank Naumann wrote:

You got me wrong. I meant that it's not strictly necessary to wrap
appl_init, appl_exit and these things around a new interface because you
have to provide the old API for compatibility anyway. And using new
features require always a new API.

I figured it would be easier to have one underlying API for testing and debugging and making sure things are compatible if you mix the old and the new.

My suggestion (for the new API) is a central, unified kernel event
interface for all types of events.

Hmm .. so something completely new.  I'll think about it.

-- Evan