Re: [MiNT] Re[3]: usage of wind_calc()

Evan Langlois a écrit :

The difference is that the users of macos 7.x are only a few percent of the people on Mac.

Know why?

THEY HAD TO UPGRADE!

Get your cause and effect straight.  Apple doesn't refuse to support OS
7 because so few people use it, so few people use it because its no
longer supported.
What AES is actively supported?
MyAES and Xaaes.

Should I drop the MyAES's support in my apps and to send a little "sorry" to the MyAES author?

Or maybe do you want to obligate MyAES to follow the Xaaes' specifications?

I don't count Naes/MyAES, The MagiC users only are 50% of the Atarians. ( I hope that you know that).

If they have no reason to switch, they won't.
And the application developpers should provide this reason?

Currently, the MiNT kernel has nothing better that the MagiC one( Maybe the ext2/Minix partition support?.. nothing important for the final user).

When the freemint kernel will offer a *good* memory protection, virtual memory and ELF external libraries/binaries, the users will "switch" automatically.

Ciao,
Zorro