Re: [MiNT] GLib

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 12:19:12 -0500 (EST), Keith Scroggins <kws@radix.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Nov 2007, Peter Slegg wrote:
>
> > I will look into it. I have just built glib-2.14.3 with the --disable-threads
> > option but I am not sure what else I can do with it now.
>
> If I remember correctly, you can do 'make check' or 'make test' with glib
> to make sure it is built properly, and possibly troubleshoot any issues,
> but it has been a while since I messed with it.  It seems to me there are
> 1 or 2 tests that fail.

make test   does this after some other stuff:

hello world
zlib version 1.2.3 = 0x1230, compile flags = 0x55
uncompress(): hello, hello!
gzread(): hello, hello!
gzgets() after gzseek:  hello!
inflate(): hello, hello!
large_inflate(): OK
after inflateSync(): hello, hello!
inflate with dictionary: hello, hello!
                *** zlib test OK ***

> I might give RPM a peek though, my 'guess' would be the problem with RPM
> is the configure script, either the order of linking or looking for a non
> existant library.  I only say that because I seem to run into the problem
> more and more.  Working on ScummVM at the moment (have an idea with some
> of it) so I might not get to RPM.  I do believe Mark Duckworth was working
> on it some time ago, unsure of his progress though. It seemed to me he
> needed a DB backend for something....

I wonder if I have a path problem ?   I can find libz.a in /usr/local/lib
and /usr/src/zlib-1.2.3  but these are the versions I just built and
installed.  The old version is in /usr/lib

PATH is /usr/sbin  /sbin  /bin  /usr/bin  /usr/local/bin  /usr/X11R6/bin

I don't know if it relies on PATH to find libraries.

Regards,

Peter