Re: [MiNT] Wierd GCC 4.2.2 issue I ran into.....

Keith Scroggins wrote:
> So, I modifed the makefile to use g++ to build the C objects, and that
> fixed the problem.

As far as I know, the gcc and g++ commands do the same for compilation (they automatically call the right compiler based on the file extension), but for linking g++ adds the necessary C++ libraries, too.

> Although, the binary I got worked, it still had some
> issues (scrambled text), which I think might be related to using libs
> built with the older GCC.  Anyway, I'm rebuilding the libs (png and
> zlib) and will see what happens.

That binary compatibility between the libraries will have to be investigated further. However, I doubt it could work for C++ libraries. After recompiling the libs, everything should be fine... except if there is another bug in GCC, or a bug in the program that appears only now.

Well, it is not so bad !

--
Vincent Rivière