[MiNT] Wierd GCC 4.2.2 issue I ran into.....

Not sure if this is a problem or just wierdness with a particular app, but I figured I would share.

I have previously released binaries for OpenTTD (a game engine).

Anyway, I took my source tree, and tried to build it with GCC 4.2.2.

My initial results were that when the linking phase was reached, all C++ objects failed to link with libgcc. This source tree is a mixture of C and C++ (well, the version I am using, the next release version will be pure C++). For lining "g++ -s" was used with a long list of objects.

So, I modifed the makefile to use g++ to build the C objects, and that fixed the problem. Although, the binary I got worked, it still had some issues (scrambled text), which I think might be related to using libs built with the older GCC. Anyway, I'm rebuilding the libs (png and zlib) and will see what happens.

Previous patch native GCC and current patch Binutils.

Anyway, I thought I would share just in case someone else runs into this. I think its just wierdness within the app, but I am digging further.

Keith