Re: [MiNT] GCC 4.2.2 - Keith's Status....

Hello Miro,

ouch! it's true I tested g++ just with hello world type of source...
hmm, I'm going to investigate where that original "C" problem was
(i.e. why we can't use gcc2-compiled mintlib with gcc4), maybe this
helps also for g++ issue. Only logical step I have in mind -- are you
sure you've installed the right libstdc++? You know, when you have
g++2.95 still installed, there's a chance you don't use libstdc++ from
gcc4 package (which should be compiled along with gcc4).

This is possible, which is something I was wondering about, but the older lib has a different name (libstdc++.a.2.10.0). I currently have 2.95.3 installed in /usr while 4.2.2 (and previously 4.1.2 and 3.3.6) installed in /usr/local. I have a script that just switched symlinks for gcc/g++ between the 2 to use them. I could think of an easy way to check to make sure the newer lib was linking. All I thought of was something like ldd but we do not have such a tool.

I just finished rebuilding binutils 2.18 (latest patches) with GCC 4.2.2 and MintLib compiled with the same. Now I am starting to rebuild GCC again (no bootstrap, since it is the same ver) to see if my problem goes away. Not sure if I should rebuild MintLib again or not after this...

Anyway, thats where I am now....

Keith