Re: [MiNT] MiNTLib for ColdFire

Vincent Rivière píše v St 29. 04. 2009 v 01:00 +0200:
> > If there is going to be a specific version of libraries, manually
> > adjusted assembler code and GCC compiling new binaries for the specific
> > target then I don't get why bothering with overpriced ColdFire boards
> > when you can get magniture faster computers based on VIA or AMD
> > processors, get them cheaper and get them now.
>
> More seriously, most Atari people just want to use their old binaries on any
> new hardware (or emulators). The priority for the new ACP computer is to be
> compatible with existing 680x0 computers as much as possible.

I understand that uninformed people feel like ColdFire is almost m68k
compatible so they think it will be easy to run their existing Atari
binaries on it. Unfortunately the problem is in the word
"almost" (compatible) and that's why I prefer having real m68k emulation
(say as is in the ARAnyM) running on some fast CPU (no matter which one)
than focusing on the relatively slow ColdFire that will need the same
m68k emulation (if you really want to run the old binaries).

Petr