Re: [MiNT] MiNTLib for ColdFire

on 4/29/09 2:04 AM, Petr Stehlik wrote:

> I understand that uninformed people feel like ColdFire is almost m68k
> compatible so they think it will be easy to run their existing Atari
> binaries on it. Unfortunately the problem is in the word
> "almost" (compatible) and that's why I prefer having real m68k emulation
> (say as is in the ARAnyM) running on some fast CPU (no matter which one)
> than focusing on the relatively slow ColdFire that will need the same
> m68k emulation (if you really want to run the old binaries).

I tend to agree with the comment about uninformed people. Done some looking
into just how much stuff will and won't work at the CPU level. It does not
seem like a good plan to buy this type of machine to run old/existing stuff.

I suppose the upside is if you get some tools that build CF native apps (for
lack of a better term), then the fun factor kicks in.

--
Lonny Pursell    http://www.bright.net/~gfabasic/