Re: [MiNT] qed

Helmut Karlowski píše v Čt 13. 08. 2009 v 15:37 +0200:

> > normally you should work with CVS projects like this:
> >
> > cvs checkout <project>
> > cd <project>
> > begin loop
> > 	edit stuff
> > 	compile stuff
> > 	test stuff
> > 	cvs update
>
> Sorry for my ignorace: You mean I should use cvs on my local files?

it's not your local files, it's a local copy of CVS repository.

> I only use cvs to checkout, make a copy of every file before I change it

making copy of every file is something you should avoid. Work in the
local copy of cvs project directly. That will allow you to cvs update
anytime later.

> another directory, and then run diff -uw over that orig-directory. I'll
> have study the cvs-thing :)

sure you can study it but from now on it would be great if you just
started using "cvs update" and "cvs diff" - that's enough to produce
useful diffs.

> Thats what I do except the cvs update. Ok, I used diff -uw, but if noone
> complains: so what?

Maybe you didn't read Frank's mail carefully enough. You did it wrong
and Frank had to spent an extra time when committing your changes. If
you do it right (cvs update; cvs diff) then Frank (or the one who'll be
committing it or even applying to their local copy) will have much
easier job => your work will get to CVS faster => everybody will be
happy.

Petr