Re: [MiNT] XaAES

Am 21.08.2009, 10:25 Uhr, schrieb <p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk>:

ls in Ubuntu Linux isn't case-sensitive either. Can we count the
few million Ubuntu users ?

Where do you know how many of them like it that way? Did you make a poll?

Seriously:
I'm planning to make this settable, but I want to reach the right scope: system-wide, Xaaes-wide,
Fileselector-wide, World-wide, ...

I personally cant imagine a situation where I would want case-insensitive
listing, and I dont want to have to set this anywhere to sensitive.

Maybe there is some general switch, similar to language/culture, crnl/nl,
etc. This would reside in the kernel then.

Ok, just read Vincents post:

It seems that the current locale (value of the LANG variable and others)
can affect the order of the items displayed by ls. However I have not

When this is clear, it surely will be implemented.

-Helmut