Re: [MiNT] FreeMiNT 1.17 Release plan

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 5:29 PM, Alan Hourihane <alanh@fairlite.co.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-01-08 at 17:09 -0600, Paul Wratt wrote:
>>
>> I do however need at least one of Helmuts fixes in main trunk for my
>> additions to be usable, and that is his fix for the 1.17 XaAES pixel
>> format problem. If that can be incorporated before the final
>> enhancements trunk of Alan by the 15th, then there will be no problems
>> in waiting for a full blown release around April, as I can drum up
>> designers using the preliminary 15th+ CVS (where stable enough for GUI
>> design work), and those efforts can bear fruit by the same point
>> release, some of which may be suitable for CVS commit also, making it
>> a bumper release all round..
>
> I'm not sure which of Helmut's fixes really fix the problem, so if
> Helmut or someone can suck that out I'll be sure to get that into the
> main HEAD code asap.
>
> Alan.

I have noticed another thread where Falcon owners are now starting to
see the "invalid pixel format issue", and if everything has gone well
in the meantime, Helmuts branch is now compiling, and so I expect
there to be some movement with this issue, which will allow the code
to come to light, especially if its deeper that just XaAES, so I will
still try get patches in within the next 2 days, but I expect it will
take much longer to get the pixel format issue solved (unless a quick
fix is used in the meantime, which will just continue to hide the bug
itself, if indeed it is a bug)

Paul