Re: [MiNT] FreeMiNT 1.17 Release plan

On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 3:03 AM, Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no> wrote:
> Paul Wratt wrote:
>
>> The date is OK, and we all know its not cast in stone, but a todo list
>> should be a usable tool as well, at least those not doing dev work
>> will also know whats what as well
>
> The todo-list can easily be implemented in the bugtracker by creating a
> case for each task/bug/feature and tagging it with the release number.
> Then the roadmap function can be used.
>
> Jo Even

so basically someone needs to do a test run with that it can then be
documented for other (for future reference)

Maybe this pixel format issue is a good test subject, because it will
be reference by more than one person, now that other are starting to
see the problem also

>From what has been said, the roadmap is automated according to what
being logged on the bugtracker. I now it can have "features" as well
as bugs/fixes, but this is still not quite the roadmap I was looking
for (it being short term)

As we get some other parts of "creating and maintaining a modern mint
kernel" out of the way, something that is more like a 12 month roadmap
may come too light, even if it has to be discussed specifically, this
is one of the uses of wiki I had in mind, which in turn can allow for
a much greater plan to be at least outlined..

First things first, there needs to be at least one entry in
Mantis/Bugtracker, so others can reference it, and more will be
created (re todo-list and roadmap usage)

Paul