Re: [MiNT] CVS+bug tracker

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 9:07 PM, Alan Hourihane <alanh@fairlite.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-01-11 at 21:51 -0500, Rob Mahlert wrote:
>>
>> Alan looked into why it's not working.  I guess it's not an easy fix.
>> The way the system is setup, to quote Alan, it would need "
>>
>> some serious file reorg to make this work currently."
>
> The problem is that the CVS system is running in a chroot'ed environment
> but the website is running outside of that so they can't communicate as
> the CVS system needs to plonk stuff into the web system and can't get
> out of it's environment.
>
> Alan.

even with a mapped or protocol file path? What is it trying to do, or
is it trying to communicate at file level with an Apache/PHP module as
well?

one quick solution is to leave the CVS chrooted and run a cron (cron
on tail) to copy files between servers.

Is would be easier to just map file path, even via protocol or nfs (if
they are in the same zone)

does the Mantis side need to see into the CVS, it should not be
restricted even if that is on another server

Or is that the "serious file reorg" part...

Paul