Re: [MiNT] libgem16: vs_color

Den 18.01.2010 14:35, skrev Helmut Karlowski:
Am 18.01.2010, 11:56 Uhr, schrieb Odd Skancke <oskancke@gmail.com>:

Does this happen with all VDI versions? (Nvdi, no VDI enhancers or
just fvdi)

Visual damage appears only with fvdi. I only know NVDI and the
crazy-dots-vdi (a little). I assume NVDI silently clears the LSB or does
use another method to get the values. In fvdi this bit is used as a
flag, and also cleared, but vs_color acts different then.

Then I would suggest fixing the problem where the problem is, and not clutter up the XaAES source with #ifdefs to accomodate for faulty software. At least this is the best approach where the sources are available. I have not looked extensively over the ASM you posted yet, but at first glance I cant see anything wrong. If I misunderstood your answer, I'm sorry .. you do say that the corruption of stack/vdipb only happens under fVDI?

I will check it with NVDI-ET4000 too, but at that stage in libgem the
VDI isn't touched yet.