Re: [MiNT] 'cd' does not like u:

Am 11.03.2010, 21:27 Uhr, schrieb Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no>:

If you cd u: before the Fopen should work.

Yes, correct, but why should I do that? Basically you want me to add
code to my correctly working program so MiNT can be adapted to a buggy
program ;-)

I rely on always to be on u: for any program (I know xaaes sets the drive too in the fileselector).

BTW: keyedit always opens its starting directory, no matter what I give to $SYSDIR.

It's changed for and by that program only.

And all it's children. So any program started by Teradesk will inherit
the current working drive from Teradesk. This is exactly why
Fopen("/kern/sysdir") doesn't work in my plain GEM-program when started
from Teradesk. If started from bash it works, because it inherits bash'
current working drive. Seems pretty fragile to me.

True - that would be a problem.

Except $SYSDIR ;-)

Why? What is the problem with $SYSDIR? Why should this particular
variable/setting depend on the parameter passed to Dsetdrv? In GEMDOS,
an absolute path always refers to a drive/partition. In unix, it refers
to the root fs. So what is MiNT - GEMDOS or unix?

When you want GEMDOS-path you can't use unix-shells (and other tools).

But it's not a problem to convert the u:/c-style info /c-style inside the shell.

There is some code for this conversion in mintlib, but I'm not familiar with it.

(I redirect to mintlist)

--
Helmut Karlowski