Re: [MiNT] Bit-Depth and Graphics stuff....

Hi Peter,

> It's not a case of accessing the screen directly, it's a case of
> rendering bitmaps directly to the target format.

And this is a different thing for you? I think, it make no big
difference. The VDI hides hardware specific informations. This includes
the screen address and the organization of the device independant
format. So in both cases you work around the VDI. And this is in both
cases a bad programing style.

> The worst thing that can happen is garbled window contents.

I am shure, people dont like this.

Best regards
Michael Bernstein