Re: [MiNT] Conholio 0.7r

14 jul 2010 kl. 12.28 skrev Vincent Rivière:

> Even the TERM variable is automatically set to "linux", we don't have to mess with any configuration step.

The idea is to mimic the Linux console, because that means I can add some basic extensions like mouse, window title handling etc without having to implement the horror of e.g. XTerm.

> I don't know if you are aware of this, but the ncurses tests are vary good candidates for testing a terminal implementation. I have recompiled them for MiNT today:
> http://vincent.riviere.free.fr/soft/m68k-atari-mint/archives/unsupported/ncurses-5.7-mint-20090821-bin-mint-test-20100714.tar.bz2
>
> They are just small independant MiNT programs, you just have to unpack the archive and run them from Conholio. I have seen some visual artifacts, but most of them behave very well :-)
> The visual rendering should be compared to the same programs on Linux.

Very very good idea! I'm currently doing tests with VTTEST to cure some boo-boo in the VT100 implementation. I don't think I'll implement stuff like double-width text (though double hight will be available in the next version), but the goal is to pass most of the tests.

> Long life to Conholio !

I appreciate the feedback very much :) It made my day.

-- PeP