Re: [MiNT] Conholio v0.8

17 sep 2010 kl. 17.14 skrev Trecourt Nicolas:

> I have tested, it does not seems to work on my 4bpp setup, I only get
> garbaged display.
> I can attach a screenshot if needed (once I'm in front of my falcon of
> course)

Ooops! Maybe I forgot to test this code again. It used to work, but then again I've rewritten parts of it.

The font you're using for this purpose - does it work when you're using WIN_HALF_X = FALSE? (stupid question maybe - but there is a "feature" in the font loader which can cause some funny effects. I implemented some "smart" code which detect the order of the font data, and that detection code is based on a somewhat bad assumption).

> Possible.
> Note that I have the exact same problem on toswin2 and telvt102, only
> in emacs too, so I'm pretty sure it's something emacs use that's not
> well implemented on a lot of implementations, but I can't tell what.

VT100 isn't well implemented in any of its incarnations :)

>> It could also be related to the termcap/terminfo file (try updating to a recent one), but ironically I'm fairly clueless as to how that stuff works :)
>>
> I don't have the problem with a true linux console, or any
> xterm-compatible terminal.

I see. But then fixing this is definitely doable. Like I mentioned it's quite possible that emacs attempts to redefine the strings used for certain special keys, and Conholio just silently ignores such requests.

Conholio also has no sane idea of what a numerical keypad is, and doesn't support some special modes for these keys.

Still lots of stuff left to implement, I'm afraid!

-- PeP