Re: [MiNT] Conholio v0.8

16 sep 2010 kl. 08.45 skrev Jo Even Skarstein:

>> Ah. The terminal has the size specified in conholio.cfg, no matter if you're in fullscreen or not.
>> The font size, and (depending on hardware) screen resolution, may differ however.
>
> I see. Will that change in the future?

Quite possibly. The code is prepared for it, but I haven't decided how to handle memory (re)allocation when the console size changes.

>> Does the Milan support on-the-fly resolution changes without re-initializing the VDI?
>
> I don't know. But in the case of the Milan (and all other Ataris/clones with VGA graphics cards) I would guess that it's most efficient to switch to VGA text mode for fullscreen console.

Switching to VGA text mode is horror :) There is no API for this, so it has to be done the old fashioned way (in practice, it's chipset specific).

I wrote some experimental code for it, but it only works on the ET4k/Hades. The Mach64 is fairly well documented, so it should definitely be doable. But painful.

-- PeP