Re: [MiNT] Update program for MiNT packages.

> I think this version is slightly smarter and it won't offer to
> download  packages that are older than the installed ones.

Wow... I didn't know there were so many ppl working on this.

I also have a simple shell + awk script that does the same.
It's just a POC I did when I wrote the SpareMint how-to months ago.
Figured that it would be good for a newbie to have the sw automatically updated.

My script will
1. check each rpm package version installed against the sparemint website
2. determine which needs to be updated.
3. download them.
4. install the new rpm.

Put it inside the startup script and away it goes, no human interactions needed.
As it's shell script & awk, it's fairly lightweight. Version checks done within
a minute or so depending on the network.

Unfortunately, I stopped working on it as I figured that rpm packages are very
stable for Mint (don't change much) and it's dependant on how and where the
webmaster of Sparemint puts the files/htmls. So a change in the website may
affect the scripts.

Well, if anyone want to have a look. I can upload it here. It's in four 1K
files, one can combine them into a single script that will be only 40 lines at
most.
As it's a POC, there's room for improvement as always.

rgds
WongCK