Re: [MiNT] XaAES multi-language help needed

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 5:52 AM, Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no> wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-01-11 at 04:52 +1100, Paul Wratt wrote:
>
>> you might have to pre-script the keytable change if you are to cycle
>> though them from a single key, but it should not be too differcult to
>> create such a script that others could also use
>
> What does "pre-script the keytable change" mean, and why do you think a
> script is needed?

until someone wrote an app to do it

>> re: the indicator, as long as there is a standard way to check for
>> current language setting, after keytable change (like an environment
>> variable), then you might ask Jo Even to add that to Taskbar as an
>
> This is very easy. MiNT sets the _AKP-cookie according to the loaded
> keyboard table, so it's just a matter of checking this cookie.

so we will see this in the next Taskbar release?

>> file that record the change, the a simple tsr could give you an
>> indicator in the menubar, however it may have to have positioning
>
> That sounds like a really dirty solution. XaAES can do this cleanly. Or
> it could be displayed in a plain application.
>
> Jo Even

until someone mention doing it in XaAES, stuff in the menu bar is
normally TSR teratory, or something that functions in a similar way,
like the CLK used with ARAnyM/AFROS. I was thinking about non taskbar
usage more than anything, and menu bar makes it visually available
across all apps. I hide taskbar, and some of my setups dont use it, so
flexibility was my requirement here

Cheers

Paul