Re: [MiNT] Trying to setup MiNT at my Hades

Mathias Wittau wrote:
I am not able to configure the "GEM" and "INIT" lines correctly.
No matter what I am doing (remember I am working for 3 days on it now) I
get no AES:

"No init program specified to e started.
Starting up u:/c/mint/1-17-0/sh.tos ... error -33
giving up, reverting to internal shell"

First, apologies, I'm very unfamiliar with FreeMiNT.

I suspect your MINT.CNF is not loaded at all.

If I remember correctly, after struggling a lot, I managed to get FreeMiNT trunk up and running by putting MINT.CNF, the modules and other MiNT stuff inside the C:\MINT\1-18-CUR folder. Nothing else directly inside C:\MINT.

Also, when having trouble with MiNT, you may want to disable the memory protection from the MiNT boot menu by pressing Shift at startup.

If you put GEM=ROM inside MINT.CNF, you will see your favorite desktop as usual (use the ROM AES and desktop). The only visible change is the presence of the U: drive, that you can optionally install as desktop icon. Also, because of some MiNT oddity, *the keyboard will not work at all*. This is a feature :-\

Good luck.

--
Vincent Rivière