Re: [MiNT] Problems creating ext2 partitions with mke2fs (was: Language/keyboard selection and problems)

2011/8/10 Alan Hourihane <alanh@fairlite.co.uk>:
> To add, basically HDDriver has a list of partitions it recognizes and
> you can add your own to that list.
>
> Now, normally LNX is on that list (I believe), so unless you've removed
> LNX as a known partition, essentially
> HDDriver will "ignore" it.
>
> So, for example, if you have...
>
> GEM C:
> BGM D:
> LNX E:
> GEM F:
>
> And LNX is not known to HDDRIVER,, then you really get....
>
> GEM C:
> BGM D:
> GEM E:
>
> I suspect in your case RAW is known so you'd get the drive letter E:
>
> The partition type doesn't really have much meaning, but only to the
> tools that interrogate it. It's really just
> a label, nothing more fancy than that. Just make sure HDDriver knows
> about the partition types you are
> trying to use. If using RAW works, then it's really no different to LNX,
> as I don't believe mke2fs checks for
> LNX being the partition type anyway.

Look the screenshot in my previous mail, HD-Driver knows about
partition type LNX.
And for RAW partition type doesn't work either.

But don't worry as I see I'm the only one with the problem, I
mentioned because I thought that maybe more people was affected.