Re: [MiNT] m68000 version of Zorro's LDG codec

Hi,

nice to see you around, too ;-)

In theory, there are many advantages to providing callback to client's MiNTlib:

1) You can safely use the mintlib's functions into the LDG.
2) The context should be the same, so you can share a memory allocation without using MEM.LDG or others "tricks" like the SHM.
3) The binaries are a lot smaller.
Sure. That's why I started with that, it eliminated all strange crashes I ever encountered.

In zView Beta 8, do you use the new LDG format? ( because in the changelog, you say that men.ldg is no longer needed).
No no, that's still the old format, I think mem.ldg was removed because it was not actively used or so. IIRC, the only release with this new LDG is the unofficial ColdFire build which seems to work more or less OK.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org