Re: [MiNT] m68000 version of Zorro's LDG codec

Le 26/09/12 17:09, Miro Kropáček a écrit :
In theory, there are many advantages to providing callback to client's MiNTlib:

1) You can safely use the mintlib's functions into the LDG.
2) The context should be the same, so you can share a memory allocation without using MEM.LDG or others "tricks" like the SHM.
3) The binaries are a lot smaller.
Sure. That's why I started with that, it eliminated all strange crashes I ever encountered.

When you will finish your work, this will be a little revolution for the application's coders.
A plugin based application will be written easily as a normal application... No more MEM.LDG, libshare and others dirty jobs.

Congratulation !

In zView Beta 8, do you use the new LDG format? ( because in the changelog, you say that men.ldg is no longer needed).
No no, that's still the old format, I think mem.ldg was removed because it was not actively used or so.

Yes it is !

For example, look inside the file "pic_load.c", zView send memory pointers to the codecs. If this memory are allocated with the standard malloc(), the application can/will become unstable.

--
Zorro