Re: [MiNT] TOSWIN2 and cursor keys

On 08/02/2013 01:49, Helmut Karlowski wrote:
But some terminals like xterm translate Alt-x -> Esc-X, so that's the same
in this case.

Totally true.

I finally tried nano from Alan's archive. I just extracted the executable:
http://gentoo.atariforge.org/files/app-editors/nano-2.3.1.tbz2

Due to laziness I used the fullscreen BIOS console.
I experience the same trouble as everyone: arrows not working.

But I found interesting new facts:

1) Turn on Caps Lock. Type the keys quickly (less than 1 second)
Esc A -> cursor up
Esc B -> cursor down

So the terminfo works fine. Entering manually the arrow character sequences do the right thing in nano.

2) To enter verbatim mode (similar to ^V in bash), type _slowly_ (more than 1 second) :
Esc V
Then type an arrow key.
You will see: ^@ which means nul char.

As a conclusion, I think that nano puts the terminal in some strange mode (maybe raw, cooked, etc) which disable the generation of proper escape sequences on arrow keys.
To be investigated in nano sources.

--
Vincent Rivière