Re: [MiNT] Window with toolbar and redraw messages

On Tue, 2013-12-03 at 20:08 +0100, OL wrote:

> In fact perhaps we should speak here of a problem of GEM object, they
> are now old and nobody have add new object while it is is very easy to
> add, the problem is that it need a new RSRC editor to easily use it.

Generally speaking it's not a problem to add new object types to RSC
editors like Interface or ResourceMaster, it's just a matter of adding
the new object type to the RSC editors' own RSC.

But of course, if the new object depends on a new/extended OBJECT
structure this won't work. And I don't think it will work if the new
object really is a new object type and not an extension of an already
existing one.

That said, we really need a new RSC editor. An RSC editor with direct
support for a proper GEM library that handles windowed dialogs, proper
text-fields, scroll-lists etc. A complete IDE where you actually have
link between the visual object and the code that handles it. Something
like what Microsoft came up with more than 20 years ago ;)

Jo Even