Re: [MiNT] Software IDE

On 12/10/13 16:49, Vincent Rivière wrote:
On 10/12/2013 16:21, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:
I stopped using gcc completely because the waiting drove me insane,
even on my Milan060.

IMHO, running gcc on an Atari machine is a total nonsense. gcc is extremely heavy, it has not been designed for low-end machines. It uses a huge amount of RAM and disk space.

However, I may be wrong, since Alan seems to be happy by compiling anything natively with Gentoo.

Yep. Apart from the kernel, I compile everything on my Falcon, with the CT60 running at 95MHz.

Sure, some packages can take a while, but the nice thing is, I'm busy with other stuff anyway, so I can merrily let it compile and come back to it when I've got time again.

You have to remember though, that Debian on m68k, is still going and Debian folks compile natively on their m68k hardware too.

Alan.