Re: [MiNT] Memory protection for the FireBee?

markus@mubf.de schreef op 8/26/15 om 11:36 AM:

I guess for Linux, the m68k way of handling page table descriptors is
foreign since the Coldfire MMU works very similar like most (at least
most of I know about) modern processor architectures do.

Yeah, The 68K way of handling paging is much older than Linux.
Page tables were invented in the 50's of the previous century.
(Very soon after the inception of usable mainframe computers)

The way 68K implements paging is strikingly similar to those ancient techniques.

Google 'Multics'

I am getting old :-)

--
Groeten; Regards.