Re: MiNTlib bugs (well, possible bugs)

What you wrote:
> 	there is absolutely no guarantee that the VALUE of symbolic
> constants in header files (like S_IFLNK in stat.h) across systems will
> be the same. if your file format depends on the binary value of some
> symbolic constant being portable across systems, it should be
> re-examine this assumption.

Well, it wasn't a filesystem assumption, it was an assumption in the
UnZip code.  I guess my "work around" was the right solution then.

> 	in fact, the current posix standard does not even define
> S_ISLNK() (but i think posix-92 was supposed to approve it).

Yipes!  Doesn't the POSIX filesystem have symlinks?  I guess they forgot
the handy macro...

> 	what do you have against octal?

Hex looks sexier.  :-)  Actually, it was more a case of me being a twit;
I kept looking at the 0160000 in stat.h and seeing 0x160000, so I was WAY
off...

Thanks for clarifying for me!

--
Chris Herborth        \`o.0'                   herborth@53iss6.Waterloo.NCR.COM