Re: Replacing devices

Ulrich Kuehn wrote:

> While changing modm0dev to use the xdd feature of mint, I came across
> the following problem: this device driver disables the build-in stuff
> of tos, so /dev/modem1 does not work any longer, and it installs two
> new devices /dev/cua0 and /dev/ttyd0. But the biosfs does not allow
> to delete /dev/modem1, as it is a build-in bios device. Is there
> any possibility to get that done?

BTW: There is no need for a dialin and a dialout device. If you use
mgetty, all the stuff is running on the same device and is handled via
UUCP lockfiles. All the other braindead ATS0=1 solutions are obsolete.

Bye,
Knarf
--
    Frank Bartels    |      UUCP/ZModem: + 49 89 5469593       | MiNT is
knarf@nasim.cube.net | Login: nuucp Index: /pub/ls-lR.nasim.gz | Now TOS!