Re: [MiNT] fix that Thing

Hi!

On Sun, Sep 12, 1999 at 08:10:16PM +0300, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:
> The only remaining problem that prevents me from having a stable
> system:   Thing 1.27 crashes at startup, 3 times out of 5

Well, due to this precise description of "crashes", I won't be able to
analyse the problem. Is it a memory violation? Do you use some
AV-clients (ST-Guide, zControl) that maybe use private memory for
communication with the server?

> I seem to recall Thomas saying the only thing that could cause Thing
> to crash at startup is the new registration routines.  When will that
> be fixed?

It /could/ cause a crash when the system doesn't properly flush the
caches on all the relevant Pexec() modes (MiNT /does/ this, and future
versions of MagiC will, too). It's not a problem of the concept, and I
won't/can't fix something that ain't broken.

Besides, it is annoying to receive mails like this twice. You know that
I'm on the MiNT mailing list, so why did you send this mail to my
address, too? OK, I didn't actually find it in my inbox, because
procmial here automatically sends duplicates of mails to /dev/null (due
to many people using "group reply" here, without removing the original
author from the list of recipients), but that doesn't mean it's a good
idea to send stuff twice.

Ciao

Thomas

--