[MiNT] 1.15.3b woes...

Hi Ronald

RJH>I commented the "init=c:\multitos\init.prg" line out, and
RJH>used "GEM=c:\n_aes\n_aes030.sys". Well, guess what? The latest beta
RJH>kernel, 1.15.3b does work fine like this
That's what I expected

RJH>I lost vcons, and several apps such as TOSWIN and Jo Evens'
RJH>TASKBAR "forgot" their usual settings. Also, I gained back a little
RJH>over 2 megs of memory. And of course, all semblance of security is
RJH>gone since it boots directly into Thing... <smile>
Yes, that's because init doesn't run in this config.
You can get back vcons and some other stuff by inserting the lines "exec
u:\bin\sh /etc/rc.boot" and "exec u:\bin\sh /etc/rc" in your mint.cnf. And
possibliy (I never tried it because I cannot use vcons) you have to find a
way to start a getty for each vcon...
You also need to set your homedir in mint.cnf.
It certainly is better to use init, but init seems to be the problem why your
system crashes

RJH>So...what should I do?
Wait for a new init (IIRC Guido is working on one)

Bye

                Joerg