Re: [MiNT] MiNT directory name

On Mon, 20 Sep 1999 07:44:26 +0300, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

>> >If there's anything I retain from this thread, it's that kellis
>> >made a lot of noise for nothing.  The above order is still fine.
>>
>> If we took a vote on who genetates the most "noise" as you put it,
>> I would bet money you'd be victorious in this area. How about we go
>> back to discussing ram boards, cost, availability for example?
>
>Which clearly shows my responses generate a lot of noise from others.

Ah, so you are aware of it.

>Going back to that "ram board" discussion, I only stated a _fact_:
>Aixit's products have always been hard-to-find outside Germany and
>Marpet's never been sold much outside UK.  I then conclude that we
>_could_ assume m68000 users have a maxium of 4 MB.   _One_ post.
>
>Result?  About 20 replies stating that "Sorry, buddy, _I_ have one
>of those on _my_ Atari and it works fine."
>
>Now, boy, was I noisy on that, was I?
>
>ROTFL

Whatever, so a few months later you try to clear this issue up?
On irc you said the same thing in order to avoid further sillyness
here. blah... I'm tired of it.

>> kellis has a point. My setup also works, however as I said before in
>> a previous post you completely ignored is that newcomers who have
>> failed attempts at installing mint move on to some other operating
>> system. Is that what you want?
>
>I haven't ignored it. See below the part you failed to notice, where I
>address the issue:  better installation instructions would avoid those
>newbies problems (then again, a setup that works both on floppy or HD,
>not on one _or_ the other at random, would help too e.g. KGMD).

Well have you ever released anything? You can give people exact docs
and for whatever reason they still ignore it, don't read it or plain
miss-interpret it. So if the installation can be made simplier I don't
see a problem there.

>> >The only thing that is needed is to better document the installation
>> >procedure, to _explicitely_ state when users should maintain one path
>> >or another, such as in MiNT 98, which uses multitos/ for everything
>> >and should explicitely mention it in its docs.  Same for KEMD.
>
>(no response to this part, Lonny?)

See above...
Last nite on IRC 2 people "holywater" and "elios" first thing they
wanted was mint installation help.  One asked "Were do I put mint.cnf?"
Honest truth! The other says kgmd gets all the way done and says
"not installed". If new docs is the answer as you say then someone
better get busy.

Atari Computer User: Lonny Pursell        E-Mail: atari@bright.net
WWW: http://www.bright.net/~atari/       IRC: lp @ #Atari @ IRCnet