Re: [MiNT] CT2 Bus errors with mint

Maurits van de Kamp wrote:

> Hiya :)
>
> Well, I have a working Falcon/CT2 now, and I can use Cubase Audio with
> it so at least I can live. :) Now I am still stuck with the problem that
> in turbo mode, buserrors appear (seamingly random) during MiNTos bootup.
> Centek, in their famous arrogance, just blame MiNT (ooh mint gives lots
> of trouble with the ct2) and that's that, so I'll have to do some
> investigating myself before I can convince them that the hardware is at
> least PART of the problem.

I have MiNT running stable now since two or three month on my CT2b
Falcon
and tryed it with several MiNT releases. Now the 1.15.2b is running. I
had
the same problems and found that it was the hardware ONLY.

[...]
> I don't expect answers from just this information (would be nice though)
> ;) but I'd like some help to get started on some further investigation:
>
> 1. What MiNT-version is most stable with the ct2 for other ct2-users?

The 1.15.2b works fine but I don't know about in combination with init.

> 2. Do I remember it right that a buserror can also mean a hardware
> failure (bus timeout)?

AFAIK yes but I think it sounds more as if programm code wasn't read
correctly from HD.

The solution for my falcon was to replace the cable to the DMA
controller
with a coax cable and (while hot summer days) to install a cooler on the
CT2b itself. Since these modifications are done it works without crashes
for days.

Regards,
	Ralph