Re: [MiNT] MiNT directory name

As a newbie to MiNT, perhaps _the_ newbie, I guess I might be allowed to
cast my vote.

I vote for C:\MINT\

(I'm using C:\MULTITOS\)

I think one should change things as little as possible. There is an
awful lot of old stuff out there (old versions of MiNT, applications
etc.) which make reference to one of the current folder names... so
I think it adds confusion to create a new one. I also don't see much
point in invalidating the MULTITOS folder name, but I am not so
concerned about that.

I am up and running now (with limitations as detailed on
http://www2.gol.com/users/oskelton/mint.html - but I think they will be
fixed when I get N.AES and THING)
The folder name didn't give me problems. I wonder if we are serious
about getting more MiNT users if there shouldn't be some more
documentation. For example, I have a powerful machine, but if I didn't
I would be worrying about how useful MiNT was on (say) a 4MB STE.
I don't recall seeing anything which spells that out for me.
(Or my father's 8MB MSTE+PAK, for that matter)

I also wonder if there should 2 MINT lists. I think the number and
technicality of messages on this list might deter starters. I admit to
resigning the list first time around... then I rejoined using my
workaccount as I can handle the volume of messages more easily with
Communicator on Solaris.

Oliver