Re: [MiNT] MiNT directory name

> >If there's anything I retain from this thread, it's that kellis
> >made a lot of noise for nothing.  The above order is still fine.
>
> If we took a vote on who genetates the most "noise" as you put it,
> I would bet money you'd be victorious in this area. How about we go
> back to discussing ram boards, cost, availability for example?

Which clearly shows my responses generate a lot of noise from others.

Going back to that "ram board" discussion, I only stated a _fact_:
Aixit's products have always been hard-to-find outside Germany and
Marpet's never been sold much outside UK.  I then conclude that we
_could_ assume m68000 users have a maxium of 4 MB.   _One_ post.

Result?  About 20 replies stating that "Sorry, buddy, _I_ have one
of those on _my_ Atari and it works fine."

Now, boy, was I noisy on that, was I?

ROTFL

> kellis has a point. My setup also works, however as I said before in
> a previous post you completely ignored is that newcomers who have
> failed attempts at installing mint move on to some other operating
> system. Is that what you want?

I haven't ignored it. See below the part you failed to notice, where I
address the issue:  better installation instructions would avoid those
newbies problems (then again, a setup that works both on floppy or HD,
not on one _or_ the other at random, would help too e.g. KGMD).

> >The only thing that is needed is to better document the installation
> >procedure, to _explicitely_ state when users should maintain one path
> >or another, such as in MiNT 98, which uses multitos/ for everything
> >and should explicitely mention it in its docs.  Same for KEMD.

(no response to this part, Lonny?)

Martin-Éric Racine            The Atari Stacy and TT030 Homepage
Lappeenranta, Finland          http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/
   "When the time comes, I will know and I shall be."  Q-Funk