Re: [MiNT] Detecting dialup connections

On Wed, 29 Sep 1999, Guido Flohr wrote:

> Maybe the kernel could automatically symlink /dev/ttyS[?] to the physical
> devices in a standardized manner.  Currently, with a little black magic in
> mint.cnf it is even possible to associate "/dev/modem" with your keyboard.

I don't suppose it matters much, but I imagine that with several symbolic
links to each serial device problems could arise with UUCP locking whereby
one symlink is locked but other programs are still able to access the port
via a different name.

| Mario Becroft                * Tariland, New Zealand Atari User Group |
| mb@tos.pl.net                * Atari Hardware Developments            |
| http://www.ak.planet.gen.nz/~mario/ * Atari Serial Mouse Interface    |