Re: [MiNT] Memory protection and FreeMiNT 1.15.3

On Sat, 18 Sep 1999, Thomas Binder wrote:

> This has already been discussed here, it's caused by a type in the new
> Makefile, mprot030.c gets/got compiled with -m68040, so the assembler
> macros for the MMU created code for the 040's MMU, which causes an
> illegal instruction on the 030.

I suspect Pine 4.10 and several other packages in SpareMint to have
been built with similar 040 optimizations built-in.

Several plain die with a bus error here, and refuse to work even
after I increase the stack.  Also, someone reported today on IRC
that binary-utils 2.9.1 (or whatever the version of the new ones
is) has a broken AR that produces broken binaries.

Martin-Éric Racine            The Atari Stacy and TT030 Homepage
Lappeenranta, Finland          http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/
   "When the time comes, I will know and I shall be."  Q-Funk