Re: [MiNT] Thing bug - Yes he is :)

On 7 May 2002, Petr Stehlik wrote:

> Hmm, this sounds bad. Though I can hardly imagine that the original
> authors would mind if you open sourced it.

In the Atari world, the problem is usually not the original authors
refusing, but the original authors being either too lazy (Steinberg) or
unreachable (Arno). :)

> The example of drag&drop code really scared me. So how about using Thing
> just as a valuable resource of ideas for writing a new desktop from
> scratch?

What's the status on the other desktops like Ease and Kaos? Of course they
haven't quite reached the status of Thing, but maybe they are more
expandable?

> That wouldn't be too hard to implement. And if the code was open
> somebody would have already written it for you, I believe.

Well, things like scrolling textboxes sound so generic that I guess others
could help there without having access to Thing's full sources?

Maurits.

--
 |                 BassMent Productions - Freedom of creativity!|
 | Music productions - Projects - Internet presence - Webdesign |___
 |                     http://www.bassment.nu/                  |  |
                             |      http://www.muzikanten.nu/      |
                             | Het muzikantennetwerk van Nederland |