Re: [MiNT] extensions

Hi,

Petr Stehlik wrote:
I know. This is probably the reason why most users don't want to upgrade
their historical machines. Software authors are then limited to the
least common denominator (68000, 4MB), don't develop advanced software,
users are bored and quit the platform.

Ho yes. That's my situation with Eureka. My reference is always
my basic Falcon 030 with 4Mb. But ATARI Corps is not reborn since
then ... Am I wrong ?

When I was trying to present the advantages of upgrade to ARAnyM in
comp.sys.atari.st some guys said that if there was a 'killer'
application available for ARAnyM only they would perhaps consider
installing ARAnyM but if ARAnyM does not offer new applications they are
not interested. This is a serious thought.

Do you know what has always been the "killer" application on every
platform, and that makes its success ? That's its graphical development
tools with graphical compiler and debugger. You may understand that
PURE C is quite old now. Is there any replacement in this matter ?
Peoples use cross compilation tools, do you think that it is a
correct solution ? And with no friendly development environment,
there's no reason to dream about "killer app". That's my thoughts ...

Best regards,

-- François LE COAT
Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer, 3D Modeller)
http://eureka.atari.org