Re: [MiNT] Truecolor extension to Xaaes (and Ovdi)

>> I think it is relatively (*relatively*) simple task to produce a
>> "killer" application. It is enough to port OpenOffice to MiNT
>
> OpenOffice is not easy thing to port. Let's get back to the original
> question: why not start the killer application suite with an advanced
> desktop? Are you so sure that HighWire is too slow to render PNG icons
> on the desktop?

I am sure that nobody would buy a new hardware to have just a "killing"
desktop. Desktop is a minor thing, and despite that we already have several
desktops, better or worse ones, not to count an ordinary text shell. A real
killer application would be something, that makes the machine really usable
and superior than older models. Just like the OO packet is, with which you
can actually do your daily work (if you are lucky and are of suitable
profession). Otherwise, no killing desktop would prevent the situation from
forcing you into MS Office, for example.

--
CVV
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz, http://draco.atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** aut seruit humiliter, aut superbe dominatur.
** Taka to już natura pospólstwa, albo służalczo się płaszczy,
** albo bezczelnie się panoszy. (Liwiusz XXIV, 25).