Re: [MiNT] FreeMiNT 1.16 - have you all switched yet?

> > Alt/a generally works, because this is one of our diacritic characters,
> > but it is possible that without translation it doesn't produce what it
> > should. By the way: have you installed keyboard translation table and does
> > it remap Alt/a?
> >
> uhm, i didn't, maybe because i don't know what it is :-) That's that .tbl
> file? if so, i use britain.tbl or so, and as you see, it doesn't work as i
> expect;)

Hmm, and what you use the "britain.tbl" for? Can you check without? Etc. I
need as much information as possible.

> > If so, it won't work :-)
> >
> more detailed explanation of translation tables welcomed;)

Most programs do not have an idea that Alt+key can be remapped, thus they
simply try to interprete the ASCII value received. If the Alt+key isn't
remapped, the ASCII value returned by AES is (IIRC) is the normal ASCII
value of the key. If the Alt is remapped, it is some other ASCII value,
that the program doesn't exspect and doesn't know how to interpretate it.

This often occurs for the Alt/key shortcuts in GEM dialogs, unfortunately.
This is solvable, but this is program which must take this into account.

> Btw the same
> solution for control-key problem?

No, I don't think so.

> as i worte in previous post, it seems it was in 1.16.0 only. so no problem
> anymore.

Good, because it seemed completely impossible to me (as far as I know the
code).

CVV

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
mail: draco@atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** Taka to juz natura pospolstwa, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.