Re: [MiNT] appl_getinfo(APGI_VERSION(=96)) implementation

tor, 16,.12.2004 kl. 21.22 +0100, skrev Arnaud BERCEGEAY:
> Hello
>
> >  Do we really need that? I think that it is easier if one call returns
> > all if user wants it to, as I proposed earlier, where the only
> > difference is the control[N_ADDRIN]. If this shows 0, the call is a
>
> Well... in my point of view (not limited to the AGI_VERSION stuff), we have
>
> - appl_getinfo() which may return 4 short data in intout[].
>
> What i suggest is to add the following general purpose function (which may
> be used for futur AES appl_getinfo mode) :
>
> - appl_getinfo_str() which may return 4 strings (address set in addrin[])
>

> With the all-in-one function, we have to create a particular function
> (which probably only fit for the particular API_VERSION mode).
>
> - appl_getinfo2() which may return 3 strings and 3 short values (?)
>

> That's why i prefer to add a general purpose appl_getinfo_str() that can
> be re-use in the futur if needed.

 I do not understand this. The most uncomplicated way to add the strings
to appl_getinfo() is to just use addrin array in addition to the
standard parameters. This goes not only for appl_getinfo(), but for any
call that we expand. This is the whole purpose of the AESPB, no?

Best regards,
Odd Skancke