Re: [MiNT] Re[2]: GEM boost

> Yeah yeah yeah - the guys that want their Atari to work like a Linux box
> have emulated the troubled of RPM Hell.

And the trouble being...?

> I already have a Linux box, so
> I'm not interested in cloning something I already have just to do a poor
> job at it.

So all you do with your Linux box is run a package manager?

> Last I knew people didn't buy their ST machines for ANY of the little
> projects that exist as RPMs for MiNT.

I don't know anyone who bought their ST especially for MiNT at all.

> If the future of MiNT is old ports
> of Linux code,

That has nothing to do with RPM. It can be used to install Atari-specific
software as well. The software you use ISn't rpm, it's just managed by rpm.

> then lemme get my shovel and start digging the grave.  *IF*
> an installer is needed, then provide a user-friendly one.

What's so user-unfriendly about rpm? Is "rpm -Uvh package.rpm" so hard to
type?

?

> Now I know why 50% of the Atari users are using MagiC!

Sure, it's because they hate RPM. (Though my guess is that 99% of those MagiC
users don't know what it is).

Maurits.