Re: [MiNT] Re[2]: GEM boost

Quoting Mark Duckworth <mduckworth@atari-source.com>:
which is an automated update system.  RPM's are distributed with kernel,
gemlib, maybe even windom soon.  RPM is by far the most supported
packaging format on MiNT, even if it isn't the best.  This is the php
work I've done a while ago that I'm going to be working on again.

Yeah yeah yeah - the guys that want their Atari to work like a Linux box have
emulated the troubled of RPM Hell.   I already have a Linux box, so I'm not
interested in cloning something I already have just to do a poor job at it.

to break it to you, but MiNT is an RPM based system - and seeing as how
it's our future, Atari is too ;-)

Last I knew people didn't buy their ST machines for ANY of the little projects
that exist as RPMs for MiNT.   If the future of MiNT is old ports of Linux
code, then lemme get my shovel and start digging the grave.  *IF* an installer
is needed, then provide a user-friendly one.  Otherwise, allow the user run it
from anywhere.

Now I know why 50% of the Atari users are using MagiC!