Re: [MiNT] GCC 4.2.2 - My Status....

OK,

Built GCC 4.2.2 with GCC 2.95.3 and Binutils 2.18 (Vincent's build from December).

Successfully bootstrapped.

So, to test, I rebuilt the ScummVM tools packages (all tools build and work with GCC 2.95.3 and my GCC 4.1.2 and they are a mixture of C and C++ for 20+ binaries). They all failed. Miro said he rebuilt Quake first, and it failed so he rebuilt MintLib.

So, I rebuilt MintLib with the new compiler and the patches Miro posted on the list in a single archive. Installed and rebuilt the ScummVM tools package. This time around, the C based utils seem to work (I did not get a chance to extensively test them, but they don't SIGBUS immediately like they did previously). The C++ based utils still SIGBUS. Here is a quick GDB output....

bash-2.05a# gdb descumm
GNU gdb 5.0
This GDB was configured as "m68k-atari-mint"...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /d/usr/local/src/scummvm-tools-0.11.0/descumm

HDDRIVER V8.02
 1989-2001 Uwe Seimet

Program received signal SIGBUS, Bus error.
0x36364 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x36364 in ?? ()
#1  0x213eb80 in .L89 ()
#2  0x213c72c in .L118 ()
Cannot access memory at address 0x3d069
(gdb) quit
The program is running.  Exit anyway? (y or n) y
bash-2.05a# g++ -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: m68k-atari-mint1.16.3a
Configured with: ../gcc-4.2.2/configure --program-suffix=-4.2.2 --enable-languag
es=c,c++ --disable-nls --disable-libstdcxx-pch
Thread model: single
gcc version 4.2.2

---

With no command line params, this util just displays a list of available commands. And, this is what I saw (the mention of HDDRIVER) before I rebuilt MintLib.

I tried with your libs from the cygwin archive, and got the same result. So, I must have done something wrong with the build.

I am going to rebuild binutils, and then decide what to do next, most likely I'll do another gcc build, but not bootstrap it since the C compiler seems to work so far.

Keith