Re: [MiNT] SV: SV: SV: OT Highwire

Hi,

On Thursday 13 November 2008, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:
> How realistic is it to port WebKit or Gecko to MiNT?

The latest versions of them use quite a lot of memory...

> I wouldn't mind writing the GUI for a web-browser if we have
> a good rendering engine available.

There was a FLTK port of KHTML v1 some five years ago:
	http://www.microwindows.org/ViewMLDesign.html

It supports HTML 3.2.  If that's too old, then WebKit might be better
alternative at least from memory usage point of view, maybe also with Fltk:
http://terryxu2008.blogspot.com/2008/08/webkit-runs-on-fltk.html

Wikipedia has very comprehensive www-browser comparison:
	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_web_browsers

	- Eero