Re: [MiNT] GEM frameworks

On 07/18/2010 09:30 AM, Paul Wratt wrote:
> what are the currently accepted list of (useful?) GEM frameworks

First you must define "GEM framework" ;-)

> I know of a couple (off the top of my head):
> DGEM

Don't know this one.

> BIGlib

Not this either.

> does Windom2 qualify as a GEM framework?

Depends on what you mean by "GEM framework". But working with WinDom is
quite different from working with GEM, which again means that your code
is pretty much tied to one specific library.

Personally I like the way CFlib does things, the
"form_do-in-a-window"-approach is simple to understand and use. I wrote
my own library based on the same concept, and also stole some ideas from
Windom (like binding data and functions/callbacks to each object) while
still being quite compact. So to conclude - the best GEM framework is
the one you've made yourself ;-)

Jo Even