Re: [MiNT] Bit-Depth and Graphics stuff....

> I'm not scared of VDI code, I just don't think I'm the right person to implement new APIs for that kind of stuff :)
Why? You understand VDI from 'inside', you can always make a proposal
and let other comment it (esp. Johan, as he is an author of fVDI ;)
Maybe you'll get some critics but if, in your eyes, wont be convincing
enough, you can still say "this is how I done it, feel free to do it
better". Even if Johan wont agree, it's GPL, you can fork it. No harm
done, no code power wasted.

> Again - I totally agree!
One more reason to do it in that way then :)

> A special blit mode would help a lot on standard graphics hardware - blit with on-the-fly C2P. That means the application has a simple and fast way to render data, and that the low ST-RAM bandwidth will be used efficiently.
>
> The SuperVidel has alpha-blit capabilites. That would also be nice to have in the VDI.
And another one more reason for you! :)

I say Peter, go ahead, if your time and motivation allows it. I see no
point in wasting time or waiting for someone with superpowers for
designing APIs. Do your best, publish is and take the best from the
feedback.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org